This year’s edition of the awards attracted a record-breaking 275 submissions – up nearly 50% on last year’s record and representing every continent across the globe.
A new category, ‘Pre-commercialized innovation’, has been introduced to the competition this year and has proved especially competitive – reflecting the volume of new innovation coming into the value chain.
So, without further ado, here are the innovations that will compete for the top prizes at the Sustainability Awards 2020:
Driving the Circular Economy
- Ariel liquid detergents bottles with 50% rHDPE (P&G, Belgium)
- High opacity & premium whiteness PET with 0% TiO2 content (PENN COLOR, Netherlands)
- MIWA reusable packaging system (MIWA Technologies, Czech Republic)
- Blue Tube Evo Lightweight 100% recycled aluminium tube (TUBEX Aluminium Tubes, Austria)
- BericapValve silicon-free valve (Bericap Holding, Germany)
- Push Tab loop recyclable unit dose pharma packaging (Huhtamaki, Germany)
- Ultra-high barrier sandwich film (Max Speciality Films, India)
- KORORCY mono-PE stand-up pouch (Korozo Flexibles, Turkey)
- Matrix paraffin-free paper-based packaging (Amcor, France)